Most of business in Ecuador is about selling and buying. And what is a better place to do this than a local marketplace?
Let me present you how the local market in Ibarra is. Actually we shot this at two different markets that are close by (Mercado de la Playa and Mercado Amazonas).
Here is how it is inside…
There are some prices mentioned in the video. Below prices of some other products:
- avocado – 3 or 4 pieces for $1
- tomatoes – 7 or 8 pieces for $1
- passion fruit (maracuyá) – 6 pieces for $1
- carrot – ~1kg for $0.50
- a pineapple – 1 piece for $0.50
- a bunch of bananas (12-14 pieces) – $0.50
- eggs – 10-12 cents
- a decent machete – $4.50
There are no fixed prices though. You ask: “Give me tomatoes for 50 cents, please.” and they give you something… Most of the fruit/vegetable sellers don’t have scales. The secret is to find the vendor that sells the most for the price. 🙂